Smoke sparks alarm at former tourism hotspot
FIREFIGHTERS have been called out to a former jewel in the Sunshine Coast’s tourism crown after receiving reports a building was on fire.
A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said crews were called to the old Superbee complex on Tanawha Tourist Drive about 4.40pm Thursday.
She said they found signs of “light smoke” and were investigating.
The now overgrown site was formerly the Superbee Honey Factory, a favourite with family’s during its prime.
But those glory days had passed by the time it permanently closed in 2007.