Snake rescued from wall cavity after electric shock

A SUNSHINE Coast man has been told he was lucky he was home when a snake in his wall received an electric shock or his house might have burned down. 

The man saw smoke coming out of an electrical socket and smelled something burning. 

What he found behind the power point was an injured carpet python. 

Ritchie Gilbert, from Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers 24/7 had to cut holes in the walls to extract the burned snake, before taking it to Australia Zoo for some medical attention. 


Road trip to support police officers’ mental health

Premium Content Road trip to support police officers’ mental health

The trip is part of a month-long regional campaign called the ‘Shout a Cop a Cuppa...

Teen girl in critical condition after horror abseiling fall

Premium Content Teen girl in critical condition after horror abseiling fall

A man and a teenager were flown to hospital with significant injuries after a fall...

Call for bipartisan commitment to resources plan

Premium Content Call for bipartisan commitment to resources plan

Proposal aims to deliver more jobs, investment and exports for state’s COVID-19...