Five simple tips to help you stay healthy and live longer
MOST Australians visit their doctor seven times a year, with our life now expectancy exceeding 82 years.
There is so much information available with insight and expert advice into how to stay healthy, it is hard to know where to start, but like a lot of things, some of the best advice is quite simple.
1. Wash your hands: Cleanliness is paramount, with regular, thorough hand washing essential for removing nasty germs.
2. Take your shoes off: Another hygiene technique that is often over looked is removing your shoes before coming indoors as shoes often carry harmful residues, such as chemical pesticides, so when they brought inside they can expose us to damaging toxins.
3. Watch what you eat: What we eat plays a huge part in our health, with numerous products we consume that impact our levels of wellbeing. Supplements, such as Vitamin D, are simple and effective ways to ensure our immune system is able to ward off illnesses, and when consumed with a balanced diet, they make for a winning combination.
4. Exercise: With exercise, many people make the mistake of getting stuck in a particular exercise pattern. Experts agree that by varying what you do each session strengthens different muscles groups, boost performance, prevents boredom, and keep you more focused.
5. Have a laugh: Laughing is also one of the best things you can do when it comes to staying healthy. Laughing boosts immunity, strengthens the heart, and improves lung function - along with numerous other healthy benefits!