Queensland Ambulance Service was called to Moranbah State High School after a student sustained an electric shock.
Queensland Ambulance Service was called to Moranbah State High School after a student sustained an electric shock.

Student sustains electric shock at CQ school

A Moranbah student sustained an electric shock after putting their finger into a light switch at school.

A Department of Education spokeswoman said paramedics were called to Moranbah State High School as a precautionary measure on Tuesday, March 23, after a child put their finger into a light switch.

“The school followed workplace health and safety procedures in managing this incident,” she said.

QBuild and Ergon Energy were called to attend the school and review the switch, which has since had a safety barrier placed around it.

More stories:

– Road train vs. dual cab: Horror crash on Capricorn Highway

– CQ mining town lights up for 50 year celebrations

– Emergency services rush to truck crash on Peak Downs


‘Emotional’: Elation as NZ travel bubble opens

Premium Content ‘Emotional’: Elation as NZ travel bubble opens

Kiwis stuck in QLD jet home for first time as NZ travel bubble opens

DON'T MISS IT: Activate your free bonus for big rewards

Premium Content DON'T MISS IT: Activate your free bonus for big rewards

Did you know you can get even more – for free?

‘You are at risk’: PM’s vaccine plea

‘You are at risk’: PM’s vaccine plea

Doctors say thousands of doses are sitting idle around the country