Threatening calls made to seven more Queensland schools
SEVEN more Queensland state schools have received threatening calls today, following yesterday's hoax bomb threats.
As at 2.00pm, the state schools that have received threats include:
- Miami State High School (South East Region)
- Keebra Park State High School (South East Region)
- Cleveland State School (South East Region)
- Camp Hill State Infants and Primary School (Metropolitan Region)
- Calamvale Community College (Metropolitan Region)
- Bracken Ridge State High School (Metropolitan Region)
- Tullawong State High School (North Coast Region)
All seven schools immediately contacted police and enacted emergency procedures based on police advice, with some of the schools evacuated.
A Department of Education spokesman says the department is working with police to ensure all students and staff are safe.
The Brisbane Times reports that police believe today's threats are from the same source as the hoax threats made to schools around the world on Tuesday.