Your top 10 places for pizza in Toowoomba
TOOWOOMBA residents are passionate about pizza with locals split on where to find the perfect slice.
The Chronicle asked locals to name the best pizza in town with responses flooding in.
La Taste was one of the reader's favourites with owner Paul Worrell overjoyed to hear his love for making pizzas was being recognised by his customers.
"My uncle owned a pizza shop in Sale for 27 years and it was here I developed an appreciation for the art form that is making pizzas," Mr Worrell said.
WHAT'S HOT ONLINE TODAY
- Cops find croc stowed away in truck
- Man jailed for brutal, 'cowardly' head kick
- Shopper loses finger in trolley accident
- "Cane toad of the waterways" dumped in lake
- Father-of-two killed in fiery crash
"Everything has to be made fresh and we do that here at La Taste.
"Cheese is another big factor and you need to make sure you get the best mozzarella."
Despite only being open since March, Woggies has quickly jumped into contention for the city's best slice.
"I am really passionate about our pizzas here at Woggies and I don't think there is another one quite like it in Toowoomba," Woggies owner Dom Rognoni said.
TOP 10 FOR PIZZA
- Malla and Sons Pizza and Pasta
- La Pizzaiola
- La Taste
- Piccolo Papa Pizzeria
- Artisan Pizza and Sandwich
- Eagle Boys Wilsonton
- Pizza Capers
- Nest O Pizza Crows Nest
- The pizza at my place is the best!
"All our ingredients are bought fresh from local producers.
"My son Aaron is a trained baker and it has allowed us to get our base just right."
Mr Rognoni said he didn't compete with major chains such as Domino's and Pizza Hut.
"I have no desire to be in the $5 pizza game," he said.
"One comment I always here from customers is they can't believe how much topping we put on our pizzas.
"For me it is all about value for money and I think it is the Woggies signature."
Six things you didn't know about pizza
- Pizza was first made by Greeks
- Cheese wasn't added to pizzas until the late 1800s
- Frozen pizzas were invented in the 1950s
- Saturday night is the biggest night for eating pizza worldwide
- More than 61% of all pizza ordered in Australia is thin crust.
- The world's largest pizza covers 10,000 square feet and weighs 44,457 pounds.