Maxwell shoots up T20 rankings
GLENN Maxwell has surged to top spot on the International Cricket Council's Twenty20 international all-rounder rankings but sits two points short of the status as the format's best batsman.
Maxwell was player-of-the-series in Australia's triumphant trans-Tasman tri-series campaign, scoring 233 runs at an average of 116.50 with a strike rate of 166.42 and taking 3-10 in his one spell with ball the ball.
That performance has seen him shoot up five places to No.2 on the T20 batting rankings and up one spot to No.1 on the all-rounder rankings.
The Victorian is on 799 points on the batting rankings, two points behind New Zealand's Colin Munro (801), who also impressed in the tri-series (176 runs at 35.20, strike rate of 209.52). Munro is the format's leading run-scorer over the past 12 months (572 at 52.00), ahead of compatriot Martin Guptill (465 at 33.21). Maxwell sits 14th (250 at 83.33).
Meanwhile, 19-year-old spinner Rashid Khan cemented his status as the world's best limited-overs bowler.
Having moved to No.1 spot on the ODI bowling rankings last week, Rashid has done the same in T20Is.
T20I BATTING RANKINGS
Rank - Player - Country - Points
1. Colin Munro - New Zealand - 801
2. Glenn Maxwell - Australia - 799
3. Babar Azam - Pakistan - 786
4. Aaron Finch - Australia - 763
5. Martin Guptill - New Zealand - 747
T20I BOWLING RANKINGS
1. Rashid Khan - Afghanistan - 759
2. Ish Sodhi - New Zealand - 700
3. Samuel Badree - West Indies - 691
4. Imad Wasim - Pakistan - 677
5. Jasprit Bumrah - India - 674
T20I ALL-ROUNDER RANKINGS
1. Glenn Maxwell - Australia - 390
2. Shakib Al Hasan - Bangladesh - 326
3. Mohammad Nabi - Afghanistan - 292
4. Marlon Samuels - West Indies - 239
5. JP Duminy - South Africa - 235