Former Capras' Matt Minto has failed to appear in court today.
Former Capras' Matt Minto has failed to appear in court today. Paul Braven

UPDATE: Minto pleads guilty to Silly Sunday offence

UPDATE TUESDAY 10AM: MATTHEW Minto appeared before the Rockhampton Magistrates Court today after failing to appear on a trespass charge yesterday. 

Minto told the court he attended the Yeppoon Magistrates Court yesterday and entered a written plea of guilty on advice from a police officer involved in the case.   

He was unable to attended the Rockhampton Magistrates Court as his daughter was sick and he had to pick her up from Yeppoon and care for her.   

This action wasn't properly communicated between the courts, leading the Rockhampton Magistrates Court to believe Minto had failed to appear and therefore issued a warrant for his arrest.    

In relation to Minto's charge the court heard in August this year he trespassed on a residential property during Silly Sunday and entered a woman's bedroom.   

Between 7am and 8.30am that morning Minto and another entered the property and knocked on the informant's verandah door.   

The pair and the informant had a conversation before she told them to leave.   

When the woman walked back into her home she left the verandah door unlocked.   

Later that morning, the pair returned and entered the home with Minto attempting to enter the informant's bedroom.    She ushered him out to the balcony and the pair left.   

Minto told the court it was a "stupid action and wasn't meant to be harmful".   

Magistrate Michael O'Driscoll handed down a $400 with no conviction recorded.  

UPDATE: 7.15PM: A late development tonight has lead The Morning Bulletin to believe Matthew Paul Minto's failure to appear before the Rockhampton Magistrate's Court today was a result of a mix up in paperwork.

Mr Minto was due to appear on one charge of trespass, but a source close to Mr Minto tonight told The Morning Bulletin the siutation is under control, and the warrant had been revoked.

INITIAL REPORT: A WARRANT has been issued for the arrest of former Central Queensland Capras player Matthew Paul Minto who was due to appear in Rockhampton Magistrates Court today on one charge of trespass.

Mr Minto was charged in relation to the incident earlier this month and his contract with the Capras was terminated as a result.

Magistrate O'Driscoll told the court Mr Minto had offered no correspondence to excuse his non-appearance.


Traffic incident hospitalises teen

Traffic incident hospitalises teen

Emerald traffic incident sees teenager transported to hospital.

Clermont cowboy in the ring

Clermont cowboy in the ring

Aaron Kleier has made the cut for next weekend's PBR grand final.

Recognise the local emergency services

Recognise the local emergency services

Meet the local rescue teams at the Combined Emergency Services day.

Local Partners