Why you should update your Apple devices now
UPDATE 3.40pm: APPLE has reportedly received a number of complaints from some users saying that the iOS 10 update has left their phones 'bricked'.
The term 'bricked' describes the phones being temporarily about as useful as a brick.
APPLE have continued its innovation with the release of their biggest iOS update yet, iOS 10 is available for download now.
Below we highlight some of the top reasons you should download this update now:
1. New lock screen: The change to the lock screen on iPhone and iPads is the biggest in nine years, you no longer swipe to unlock the phone. Users are now presented with the instruction 'press the home button to unlock'.
2. Rich new notifications: Notifications are broken up into bubbles now and use 3D Touch to show hidden menu actions. For example you can just hard press on a calendar invite alert and you'll be able to accept or decline it.
3. Innovative control centre: The swipe-up-from-the-bottom control centre overlay menu has a brand new look that helps de-clutter the layout in iOS 10, and it's something Apple users have been been begging for.
4. Siri's makeover: You no longer need to talk like a robot, for Siri to understand you. Also third-party developers will be able to use Siri with this update. For example you could say 'Siri tell Nancy I will be five minutes late' via WeChat.
5. Home: This new application allows you to control all of your Intelligent Operating Devices in your household that work through WiFi. You can automate your devices to suit common behaviours so everything is ready and waiting for you.
The iOS 10 update will bring more exciting changes and additions to Apple products a spokesman for the company said.