DISRESPECTFUL: Bay woman jailed after disrupting Anzac event

UPDATE 12.40PM: AN URANGAN woman will spend a month behind bars after she refused to leave an event held specifically for servicemen and women and their families on Anzac Day.

Sharon Louise Hall appeared in Hervey Bay Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning and pleaded guilty to four charges including public nuisance and obstructing police after she refused to leave the venue about 8am on Tuesday.

It is believed the 39-year-old woman was gatecrashing a private function for returned servicemen and women, and their loved ones.

It was reported Hall appeared intoxicated and became disruptive before she was asked to leave the venue.

Staff from the premises told the Chronicle, Hall was offered a lift home on their courtesy bus, but she refused.

Police officers were called to the scene and arrested the woman after she reportedly disrupted security guards at the venue.

Police said Hall kicked a female officer while they were trying to arrest her.

The venue is continuing its investigations into how Hall got a ticket to the private breakfast.

The venue manager said the incident was "disappointing", but it was the only disruption on the important day of commemorations.

"Aside from that, the day went really well and everyone was very respectful," the manager said.

In court, Hall was sentenced to serve two months in prison for obstructing police within a licensed premises and assault of a police officer while on duty.

For the fail to evict charge, Hall was convicted but not punished.

Hall was also ordered to serve a one-month suspended sentence and a four-month suspended sentence for previous offences.

Her parole release date was set for May 25.

EARLIER: A 39-YEAR OLD woman has been arrested for allegedly obstructing police on Anzac Day.

Police said the woman was at a licenced premises in Pialba when she allegedly obstructed the same police officer twice and failed to leave the venue.  

She faces two charges of obstruct police and a public nuisance charge.  

<<Click here for more Fraser Coast police stories and to follow the topic

The incident happened between 7.55am and 8am on Anzac Day.

The woman was held in police custody overnight and is expected to appear in Hervey Bay Magistrates Court on April 26. 

Topics:  editors picks fccrime fcpolice

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Region faces wild wind

DESTROYED: Half of the roof of the Moranbah home was ripped off from the 104km/h wind.

Moranbah residents say weather is worse than the cyclone.

Heroic rescue saves life

CLOSE CALL: Leslie Cruthers and Buddha at the spot the playful pup fell into the Nogoa River.

Kayakers rush to save dog walker clinging to riverbank.

National super star at age 13

Competing in Rotorua, New Zealand earlier this year.

Dingo local takes on international motocross competition.

Local Partners