Woodburn man suffers serious burns lighting fire with petrol

A WOODBURN man who used petrol to ignite a fire is recovering in Lismore Base Hospital with serious burns to both arms.

Paramedics were called to a house on Richmond Street about 3.30am on Saturday after reports a man had been seriously burned in a domestic incident.

Lismore police Inspector Matt Johnson said when paramedics and police arrived they found a 30-year-old man suffering first and second degree burns to both arms.

"He threw petrol on a fire to try to get it going," Insp Johnson said.

The man was treated at the scene before being airlifted by the Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter to hospital in a serious but stable condition.


Creating support links

Creating support links

Emerald woman starts depression/anxiety support group.

Bush adventures kids will love

Bush adventures kids will love

Local author inspires big rural dreams.

What can you do?

What can you do?

Chance to learn life-saving skills.

Local Partners