Menu
News

Wounded Australian soldier improving

THE condition of one of the diggers badly wounded in Saturday's deadly rogue shooting incident in Afghanistan has improved, although he remains in a serious condition.

Three Australian solders were killed and seven wounded when an Afghan National Army (ANA) soldier opened fire during a parade at Shah Wali Kot base in Kandahar province.

Defence said on Monday the soldier with life-threatening injuries and his six other wounded companions were now being prepared for transfer to a major US medical facility in Germany.

The Chief of Joint Operations, Lieutenant General Ash Power, said the improvement in the man's medical status was encouraging.

He said it was a testament to the skills and experience of the medical staff in International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) health care facilities.

Read more on the Brisbane Times.

Topics:  afghanistan


Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Region faces wild wind

DESTROYED: Half of the roof of the Moranbah home was ripped off from the 104km/h wind.

Moranbah residents say weather is worse than the cyclone.

Heroic rescue saves life

CLOSE CALL: Leslie Cruthers and Buddha at the spot the playful pup fell into the Nogoa River.

Kayakers rush to save dog walker clinging to riverbank.

National super star at age 13

Competing in Rotorua, New Zealand earlier this year.

Dingo local takes on international motocross competition.

Local Partners